I made these for the first time at Christmas two years ago. It seemed like a lot of glaze for the amount of pecans. Last Christmas I made them again with more pecans, not as good. Next time I will follow the recipe again. They come out as a gooey mess. I spoon them onto large pieces of foil to cool. When I put them into a covered bowl they were still sticky, but by morning they were dried and crispy. These have already become a family Christmas tradition.
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Roast pecans in a mixture of orange juice concentrate, sugar, and cinnamon for a sweet and tangy appetizer or snack that's perfect for the holidays.
Yield: 4 cups
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bake pecans in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted.
- Bring juice concentrate, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil in a heavy saucepan; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in toasted pecans.
- Drop pecans 1/2 inch apart onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Let stand until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This