Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens
Serve these savory, beautiful birds at a dinner party or as a change of pace for Thanksgiving.
More From Southern Living
- 6 (1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Sausage Stuffing
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Garnishes: orange slices, fresh parsley sprigs
- Rub hens with salt and pepper; spoon 3 tablespoons Sausage Stuffing into each hen cavity; tie legs together, if desired. Place hens on a rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- Stir 1/2 cup water and eggs into remaining stuffing, and spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and set aside.
- Stir together orange marmalade, juice, and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until orange marmalade is melted.
- Bake hens at 350° for 30 minutes; brush evenly with orange sauce, and bake 20 more minutes. Brush again with orange sauce, and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake hens and stuffing casserole 40 minutes, uncovering stuffing after 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes