Orange Glazed Carrots
Glazed carrots are a wonderful side dish. Healthy, quick to prepare, and bursting with citrusy orange flavor, these veggies will be a winner on the holiday table.
More From Health
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 243mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 2 pounds thin orange and/or purple carrots with greens intact, scrubbed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring a 5- to 6-quart pot of salted water to a boil and cook carrots until just tender (6-8 minutes). Drain well.
- 2. Melt butter in a large (12-inch) heavy skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides. Add carrots and sauté 1 minute. Add orange juice, maple syrup, thyme, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Continue to boil, shaking skillet frequently, until liquid is reduced and syrupy, and carrots are tender (5-10 minutes).
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note