The subtle hint of orange adds a refreshing citrus twist to classic bananas Foster. Prior to starting the recipe, toast the pecans in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for about 1 minute.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 55.4g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 86mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 4 firm unpeeled bananas (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla light ice cream
- 4 teaspoons coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Peel bananas; cut each banana in half crosswise, and then cut in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients; cook until mixture is syrupy and bubbly, stirring often. Add bananas, and cook 3 minutes or until bananas are softened, basting frequently with syrup.
- 3. Serve bananas with vanilla light ice cream, and top with toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note