Orange-Glazed Acorn Squash
- 1 large acorn squash
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Wash squash thoroughly in cold water. Cut squash into 3/4- inch slices to form rings, and remove seeds. Place squash rings in a lightly-greased 13- x 9- x 2- inch baking dish. Pour orange juice over squash rings. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; add brown sugar, corn syrup, lemon rind, and salt, mixing well. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately spoon mixture over squash rings. Return to oven, and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables