The cutlets were tender and delicious. I did decrease the brown sugar by half and added a little salt to the sauce, to cut back on the sweetness. I still thought it would be too sweet together with the coconut rice, but with my slight alterations, it was perfect for my taste ;-). Served with steamed broccoli.
Orange-Ginger Turkey Cutlets with Coconut Rice
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
- 8 (3-ounce) turkey cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Coconut Rice
- Garnish: orange slices
- 1. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Dredge turkey cutlets in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2. Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and ginger; cook 30 seconds. Add turkey in a single layer; cook 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, cover, and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth, orange juice concentrate, and sugar to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Drizzle turkey cutlets with pan sauce, and top with green onion. Serve with Coconut Rice; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This