Orange Ginger Sweet Potato Puree
This puree was originally developed as a filling for stuffed sweet dumpling squash, but is just as delicious served on its own.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes, and prick skins with a fork in several places. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- 2. Peel potatoes, and discard skin; transfer flesh to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove, and discard any stringy fibers from paddle. Scrape sides with rubber spatula.
- 3. Combine butter and brown sugar; mix about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; mix until combined. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note