Orange Ginger Sweet Potato Puree
- 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 7 medium)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes, and prick skins with a fork in several places. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- 2. Peel potatoes, and discard skin; transfer flesh to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove, and discard any stringy fibers from paddle. Scrape sides with rubber spatula.
- 3. Combine butter and brown sugar; mix about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; mix until combined. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note