Orange-Ginger Salmon with Sautéed Greens
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 705mg
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stems trimmed (about 16 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Combine the soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and orange zest in a zip-top plastic bag. Add the fish and marinate 20 minutes (or longer in refrigerator). Remove the fish; reserve marinade.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook 3 minutes, without turning. Reduce heat to medium, turn the fish, and cover. Cook 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, and keep warm.
- Return the skillet to the heat. To make glaze, pour the marinade into the skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add half the basil, salt, pepper, garlic, spinach, and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining basil, salt, pepper, garlic, spinach, and water. Combine with other spinach and toss with sesame oil.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the salmon, drizzle with glaze, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange-Ginger Salmon with Sautéed Greens Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This