This dish is equally good without ginger, so if you don't have or don't like it, leave it out.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients and ginger, if desired, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove and discard ginger. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note