So yummy! My husband picked it apart to the bone, taking every last bit of juices for his chicken and rice. We didn't make the cranberry salsa, but had it with rice pilaf and zucchini.
Orange-Ginger Hens with Cranberry Salsa
- 4 (1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cranberry Salsa
- Hot cooked basmati rice pilaf (optional)
- Rub hens evenly with salt and pepper; tie ends of legs together, if desired, and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bring butter and next 7 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; pour over hens.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until hens are done, basting often with butter mixture. Serve with Cranberry Salsa and, if desired, rice pilaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes