- 4 (1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cranberry Salsa
- Hot cooked basmati rice pilaf (optional)
How to Make It
Rub hens evenly with salt and pepper; tie ends of legs together, if desired, and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
Bring butter and next 7 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; pour over hens.
Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until hens are done, basting often with butter mixture. Serve with Cranberry Salsa and, if desired, rice pilaf.