Delicious! The brightness of the orange and ginger kept these from being overly sweet like the glazed carrots I remember my grandmother made. I used powdered ginger, 1 tsp per suggestion.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 50
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1 (1-lb.) package baby carrots, thoroughly washed
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 to 3 tsp. freshly grated ginger*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Stir together all ingredients and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 to 35 minutes or until liquid evaporates and carrots are glazed.
- *1 tsp. ground ginger may be substituted.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange-Ginger-Glazed Carrots Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables