Orange-ginger Chicken with almonds
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound total), rinsed
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup(s) peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger (three 1-inch pieces)
- 4 teaspoon(s) canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large scallions (or 6 small), rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup(s) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup(s) low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic (1 medium clove
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced almonds, toasted
- • 1. Slice chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips. Toss chicken with ground coriander, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 2 teaspoons canola oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl or a 1-gallon Ziploc® Brand Storage Bag. Marinate for 15 minutes or refrigerate for up to a day.
- • 2. While chicken is marinating, thinly slice the white part of the scallions and add to the 1/4 cup finely chopped ginger. Cut the green parts of the scallions into very thin strips and set aside.
- • 3. In a small bowl, combine marmalade, chicken broth and garlic.
- • 4. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the scallions and the finely chopped ginger. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden or heat-resistant rubber spatula for 30 seconds.
- • 5. Add the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add scallion greens and marmalade mixture to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Remove to a serving plate with a slotted spoon, leaving sauce in the skillet.
- • 6. Let the sauce cook down for another 2 minutes over medium-high heat until thickened. Pour sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve over cooked rice.
- Chef's Note:
- To reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe, use a reduced-sugar or sugar-free orange marmalade.
- Cut cooking time even further by using precooked chicken. Toss the cooked chicken with the marinade, let it soak for 15 minutes and cook as directed until just warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- • Calories 420
- • Calories From fat 150
- • TotalFat 17g
- • SaturatedFat 3g
- • TransFat 0g
- • Cholesterol 95mg
- • Sodium 350mg
- • TotalCarbohydrates 31g
- • DietaryFiber 2g
- • Sugars 25g
- • Protein 36g
- ** Nutritional Information Provided By Compu-Food Analysis, Inc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by endlessrecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note