Great weeknight meal. We loved the orange flavor. Fresh and healthy!
Orange-Ginger Chicken Lo Mein
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups chicken mixture and 2 teaspoons peanuts)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 345
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 23.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1 (8-ounce) package Chinese-style noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh stir-fry vegetables (not frozen)
- 3/4 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add noodles; cook 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken and green onions; stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Add broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Combine chicken mixture and noodles in a large bowl, and toss well. Spoon onto plates, and sprinkle with peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note