Orange French Toast
Serve each person two slices of French toast with orange-strawberry syrup poured over the top. If it's just you at the table, halve the recipe or save the leftovers for later.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter or margarine
- 8 whole(s) slices whole-wheat bread
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup of the orange juice and the eggs,milk, cinnamon, and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining 1 cup of orange juice and the strawberry jam. Heat to a simmer, stirring constantly, until most of the jam is liquefied. Continue to simmer over low heat until the mixture reaches a thick, syrupy consistency.
- 3. Melt 1/2 teaspoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip the bread (1 piece at a time) in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- 4. Cooke each piece of bread in the skillet until both sides are golden brown. For each piece of bread, add more butter to the pan as necessary.
- Nutrition per Serving
- Calories 260 * Fat 8 g * Fiber 5 g * Protein 12 g * Carbohydrates 63 g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bstrubel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange French Toast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch