- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 12 slices bread
- Additional sifted powdered sugar
How to Make It
Combine eggs, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, cinnamon, orange rind, and juice in a shallow pan; stir well.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; dip 2 bread slices, one at a time, into egg mixture, coating well. Let drain; arrange in skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Repeat procedure with remaining bread slices. Serve warm.