- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir in orange juice until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks and lemon juice in a small bowl until thick and pale. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Return pan to medium heat; bring mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add butter and orange rind; stir until butter melts. Pour filling into a small bowl; let cool. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts