- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Grand Marnier Syrup
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or orange juice
How to Make It
Beat butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and honey, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and orange rind. Spoon batter into 6 greased and floured Bundt-lette pans.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; let cool completely.
Return cakes to pans; poke holes in each cake, using a wooden skewer. Slowly pour Grand Marnier Syrup over cakes until all syrup is absorbed. Let stand 30 minutes for cakes to set. Invert cakes onto wire racks.
Combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cakes.