I liked the idea of this recipe, so I followed the directions exactly. I am sorry to say that it was horrible. It was so bad that the kids at the party didn't even like it. The fellows each tried a bite, and while trying to be polite, the laughed and said it was the worst dessert they ever tasted.
Orange Dreamsicle Crispy Treats
From the Kitchen of Robin Wilson, simplysouthernbaking.com, Altamonte Springs, FL
"You can also use yellow and pink food coloring gel to make peach. Practice on a piece of wax paper, adding a little at a time to achieve your perfect shade. I serve these to family and friends, and there's never a square left."
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10-oz.) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange cake mix (such as Duncan Hines Orange Supreme)
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate morsels
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 to 6 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Peach food coloring gel
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Add orange cake mix, blending well. Stir in cereal and white chocolate morsels until well coated. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, 6 Tbsp. softened butter, orange juice, 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, orange extract, and desired amount of peach food coloring gel. Spread over cereal mixture. Let stand 1 hour before cutting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This