Orange Dream Pie
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package butter cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (10-ounce) jar orange curd
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnishes: whipped topping, orange rind curls, almond bark curls
- Stir together cookie crumbs and butter; press evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pieplate.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Beat cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and, if desired, food coloring until blended; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into prepared crust.
- Stir together curd, rind, juice, and 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Spread evenly over cheese mixture; cover and chill 2 hours or until set. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Chessmen butter cookies and Dickinson's Orange Curd.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This