- 1 (7.25-ounce) package butter cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (10-ounce) jar orange curd
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnishes: whipped topping, orange rind curls, almond bark curls
How to Make It
Stir together cookie crumbs and butter; press evenly in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pieplate.
Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
Beat cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and, if desired, food coloring until blended; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into prepared crust.
Stir together curd, rind, juice, and 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Spread evenly over cheese mixture; cover and chill 2 hours or until set. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Chessmen butter cookies and Dickinson's Orange Curd.