Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Stir together buttermilk and soda until blended.
- Beat 1 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Stir in buttermilk mixture, eggs, and next 5 ingredients until blended. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
- Stir together powdered sugar, orange juice, and melted butter until smooth; drizzle glaze evenly over muffins.
- Note: Batter may be covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads