Orange Couscous Salad
Orange couscous salad is such a fresh dish with so many bright and bold flavors like mint, red onion, cucumber and orange. Serve chilled for best results.
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 (10-ounce) box plain couscous
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup golden raisins, currants, or chopped dates
- 1. Pour couscous into a large bowl, and stir in 1 cup boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap, and let steam 5 minutes or until couscous is tender. Fluff with a fork, and stir in oil and next 3 ingredients. Let cool slightly.
- 2. Zest both oranges; juice one. Peel second orange, and chop. Add zest, juice, and chopped orange to couscous mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour or up to 2 days. Add more oil, salt, or pepper if desired before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note