Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes, plus 2 hours to chill. Notes: These buttery coconut cookies are great with ice cream.
Yield: Makes about 48 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 68mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, orange peel, and vanilla until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- 2. In another bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in coconut. Cover bowl and chill until dough is firm, about 2 hours.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange about 2 inches apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. With a lightly floured fork, flatten each ball to about 1/4 inch thick.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 375° oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts