Orange Chocolate Pound Cake - 10" Loaf Pan
Kaiser Backform Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 14 slice(s) thin fresh orance slices seeded
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 2 whole(s) egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cake flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 whole(s) orange zested
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) buttermilk
- 5 ounce(s) mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon(s) reserved sugar syrup
- For Cake:
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the loaf pan.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the water and 1/2 cup sugar; bring to a simmer.
- 3. Cook orange slices in sugar syrup for 30 seconds; remove to paper towels and pat dry. Reserve syrup.
- 4. Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and orange extract; reserve.
- 5. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, orange zest, and sugar in large bowl.
- 6. Add butter and buttermilk; beat for 90 seconds.
- 7. Add half of the egg mixture and beat for 20seconds. Scape bowl, add remaining egg mixture and beat for 20 seconds.
- 8. Line bottom, sides, and ends of pan with orange slices - four each on bottom and sides, one on each end. Spoon in batter and smooth.
- 9. Bake until brown, cake begins to come away from the sides, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-70 minutes.
- 10. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert onto wire rack. Cool completely.
- For Glaze:
- 1. Heat marmalade and 1 Tbsp. sugar syrup until simmering; strain.
- 2. Brush glaze over cooled loaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange Chocolate Pound Cake - 10" Loaf Pan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings