I made these for a party and they were a huge hit!
Orange Chipotle-Spiced Pecan Mix
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr, Jan Gautro, Leigh Ann Ross
Prepare a batch of this smoky-sweet mix to have on hand when visitors drop by. Or pack them into handsome jars to give as gifts.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 4.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 98mg
- Calcium: 1mg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in pecans. Combine sugar, salt, and pepper. Add to pecan mixture; toss well. Spread mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 225° for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool completely. Stir in cranberries.
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange Chipotle-Spiced Pecan Mix Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers