Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced ginger
- (Optional: sweetener like sugar or honey)
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts (in cubes)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 4 cup(s) chopped vegetables (broccoli, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peas...
- oliv oil
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow onion, chopped
- Rice (Optional)
- Ingredients (All before chicken is for sauce)
- 1.) Blend all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor for 10 seconds.
- 2.) Taste the sauce and add your choice of sweetener to your liking.
- 3.) Blend again for a few more seconds.
- 4.) Heat the sauce in a large skillet on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the sauce to a heat proof bowl.
- 5.) Rinse the skillet clean.
- 6.) Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 7.) Add the corn starch and massage the chicken with your hands.
- 8.) If using fresh broccoli or green beans, boil the broccoli for 3-5 minutes until soft enough to pierce with a fork yet firm.
- 9.) Transfer the vegetables to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- 10.) Wipe down the skillet until dry.
- 11.) Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet on medium-high heat.
- 12.) Cook the onion and chicken until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- 13.) Add the remaining vegetables and stir-fry them together for 2 minutes.
- 14.) Slowly add a few tablespoons of sauce while stirring the vegetables and chicken.
- 15.) Continue to add the sauce a few tablespoons at a time, allowing about 15 seconds between each addition to allow sauce to slightly cook down.
- 16.)Spoon the stir-fry over a bowl of hot rice. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note