Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 703
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 95g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Sodium: 1017mg
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- 1 pound fat-trimmed boned pork shoulder or butt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 warm flour tortillas (10 in.)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup tomato salsa
- 1. Cut pork into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes. Put a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, add pork, and stir often until meat is gray, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2. Add orange peel, 1 cup orange juice, onion, and cumin to pan. Stir often over medium-high heat until liquid has evaporated and meat is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Add 1/2 cup orange juice, scrape browned bits free, and stir until juice evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add black beans and remaining 1/2 cup orange juice and stir just until beans are hot, about 2 minutes.
- 4. Serve pork mixture in warm tortillas, adding green onions, sour cream, salsa, and salt to taste. Roll to enclose filling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes