- 1 pound fat-trimmed boned pork shoulder or butt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 warm flour tortillas (10 in.)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup tomato salsa
- calories 703
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 38 g
- fat 18 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- carbohydrate 95 g
- fiber 7.6 g
- sodium 1017 mg
- cholesterol 78 mg
How to Make It
Cut pork into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes. Put a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, add pork, and stir often until meat is gray, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add orange peel, 1 cup orange juice, onion, and cumin to pan. Stir often over medium-high heat until liquid has evaporated and meat is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Add 1/2 cup orange juice, scrape browned bits free, and stir until juice evaporates, about 5 minutes.
Add black beans and remaining 1/2 cup orange juice and stir just until beans are hot, about 2 minutes.
Serve pork mixture in warm tortillas, adding green onions, sour cream, salsa, and salt to taste. Roll to enclose filling.