I added extra orange zest and a small amount of extra oil. Everyone loves this cake. I make it for special occasions.
Orange Cardamom Cake
Spicy-sweet cardamom and fresh orange juice bring bright flavor to this bundt cake recipe. Drizzling the glaze over the warm cake allows some of it to be absorbed.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine 3 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Add 3/4 cup orange juice, canola oil, orange rind, lemon rind, vanilla, and eggs to flour mixture, and beat with a mixer at low speed until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon batter into prepared cake pan, spreading evenly. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pan.
- To prepare glaze, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 4 1/2 teaspoons orange juice, and lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over warm cake; cool cake completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts