More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 212mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- The crepes:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- About 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, for frying crepes
- The sauce:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 (2-by-1/2-inch) strips fresh orange peel (removed with a vegetable peeler)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Prepare batter: Combine eggs, milk, flour and sugar in a blender and blend at medium speed until smooth.
- Prepare sauce: Combine cream, caramels, orange peel, water and orange juice in a small saucepan; place over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Keep warm.
- Heat a nonstick 9-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 Tbsp. butter; coat pan. Tilt pan and add 1/4 cup batter; swirl to spread batter in a thin, even layer. Cook until golden on bottom (about 2 minutes); flip and cook about 1 minute more. Turn crepe out onto a clean kitchen towel and fold in half twice. Repeat with remaining batter; add butter as needed.
- Place 2 crepes on each of 6 dessert plates. Spoon warm caramel sauce on top. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch