- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 pound pecan or walnut halves
- Combine sugar and orange juice in a large non-aluminum saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and orange rind. Beat at high speed of an electric mixer 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and begins to cool. Stir in pecans.
- pecans. Spread mixture in a buttered 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Separate pecans, using 2 forks. Let cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note