This was delicious! It tasted like an orange creamsicle! However, it was hard to get firm enough to spread. If I didn't add a lot more powdered sugar, the frosting would have ran off the sides of the cupcakes! I stuck it in the refrigerator to get a better consistency. Even though it tasted good, it was really sweet!
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 1 Tbsp. milk and orange juice, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
- 3. If desired, beat in remaining 1 Tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until desired consistency. Beat in food coloring until blended, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This