Orange Beef Stir-Fry
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 (1-pound) lean flank steak
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 1/2 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) packages frozen snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin strips; set aside.
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set oranges aside. Discard remaining juice. Combine reserved 2 tablespoons juice, marmalade, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add steak strips, and stir-fry 6 minutes. Remove steak strips from wok; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Add snow peas; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add steak strips and salt.
- Stir in marmalade mixture and oranges. Bring to a boil, and stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes