Orange Beef Stir-Fry
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 472mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 1 (1-pound) lean flank steak
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 1/2 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) packages frozen snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin strips; set aside.
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set oranges aside. Discard remaining juice. Combine reserved 2 tablespoons juice, marmalade, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add steak strips, and stir-fry 6 minutes. Remove steak strips from wok; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Add snow peas; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add steak strips and salt.
- Stir in marmalade mixture and oranges. Bring to a boil, and stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note