- 1 (1-pound) lean flank steak
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 1/2 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) packages frozen snow peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- Dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- calories 456
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 15.5 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 27.2 g
- carbohydrate 50.2 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 4.8 mg
- sodium 472 mg
- calcium 66 mg
How to Make It
Trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin strips; set aside.
Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set oranges aside. Discard remaining juice. Combine reserved 2 tablespoons juice, marmalade, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add steak strips, and stir-fry 6 minutes. Remove steak strips from wok; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Drizzle remaining 1 teaspoon oil around top of wok, coating sides. Add snow peas; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add steak strips and salt.
Stir in marmalade mixture and oranges. Bring to a boil, and stir-fry 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired.