I wasn't a fan of this recipe. It got a bit better when I added more soy sauce, salt, and some minced garlic.I won't be making it again.
Orange Beef and Broccoli
For convenience, ask the butcher to cut the steak into thin slices. Round out this restaurant-inspired meal with a side of hot cooked rice and, for dessert, Wasabi Ice Cream with Honey.
Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1 (12-ounce) package refrigerated broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- Cooking spray
- 1. Microwave broccoli according to package directions.
- 2. While broccoli cooks, combine broth and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- 3. Place cornstarch in a shallow dish. Dredge steak in cornstarch.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak; sauté 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until thick. Stir in broccoli. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note