- 1 pound fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ricotta cheese
How to Make It
Cut half of cherries in half crosswise. Place whole cherries and cherry halves in a large bowl; add zest and next 4 ingredients, tossing to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Remove cherries from refrigerator, and let stand 10 minutes. Spoon over ricotta cheese, and serve immediately.