This was AWFUL! Way too much ginger and way too much soy sauce. I'm sure there are much tastier and healthier orange chicken recipes out there, so I'll never try this again, even with modifications.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Toss with 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and set aside.
- 2. Sauté broccoli in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes; remove from skillet, and set aside.
- 3. Sauté chicken pieces in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until done. Reduce heat to medium.
- 4. Whisk together orange juice, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add orange juice mixture and broccoli to chicken, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in basil and orange rind. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- CASHEW-ORANGE CHICKEN: Add 1/2 cup whole cashews to the orange juice mixture, and proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note