We love this! It takes a little longer to cook the chicken than the recipe says. It's a healthier alternative to going out. Eat with brown rice.
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 15 min. We liked this served over hot Basmati rice. Orange-Basil Chicken is a fast and healthful alternative to takeout.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 (12-oz.) bag fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Toss with 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, and set aside.
- 2. Sauté broccoli in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes; remove from skillet, and set aside.
- 3. Sauté chicken pieces in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until done. Reduce heat to medium.
- 4. Whisk together orange juice, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch. Add orange juice mixture and broccoli to chicken, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in basil and orange rind. Serve over hot cooked rice.
- CASHEW-ORANGE CHICKEN: Add 1/2 cup whole cashews to the orange juice mixture, and proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes