1. Trim outer leaves and stems from brussel sprouts, and discard. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and add salt, add cleaned brussel sprouts to boiling water, and cook until tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and cool quickly in ice bath. Drain well, and cut in half.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter heavy skillet over medium-high heat then add brussel sprouts, and cook, tossing occasionally, until they are brown and crisp on the edges, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with foil and set aside. .
3. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the same pan over medium-low heat; add onions, and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted and transparent, about 3 minutes.
4. Add vinegar, OJ and, stir to loosen any brown bits on bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half and the onions are glazed, about 3 minutes
5. Add onions to Brussels sprouts, and toss well.
6. Garnish with fried bacon curls (optional)
Go to full version of