Orange Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) Brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 dash(es) salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole(s) medium onion thinly sliced lenthwise
- 4 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup(s) orange juice or apple cider
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- garnish with bacon bits optional
- 1. Trim outer leaves and stems from brussel sprouts, and discard. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and add salt, add cleaned brussel sprouts to boiling water, and cook until tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and cool quickly in ice bath. Drain well, and cut in half.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter heavy skillet over medium-high heat then add brussel sprouts, and cook, tossing occasionally, until they are brown and crisp on the edges, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with foil and set aside. .
- 3. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the same pan over medium-low heat; add onions, and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted and transparent, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Add vinegar, OJ and, stir to loosen any brown bits on bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half and the onions are glazed, about 3 minutes
- 5. Add onions to Brussels sprouts, and toss well.
- 6. Garnish with fried bacon curls (optional)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mom2SJJ and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note