Orange Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) Brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 dash(es) salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole(s) medium onion thinly sliced lenthwise
- 4 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup(s) orange juice or apple cider
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- garnish with bacon bits optional
- 1. Trim outer leaves and stems from brussel sprouts, and discard. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and add salt, add cleaned brussel sprouts to boiling water, and cook until tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and cool quickly in ice bath. Drain well, and cut in half.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter heavy skillet over medium-high heat then add brussel sprouts, and cook, tossing occasionally, until they are brown and crisp on the edges, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover with foil and set aside. .
- 3. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the same pan over medium-low heat; add onions, and cook, tossing occasionally, until wilted and transparent, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Add vinegar, OJ and, stir to loosen any brown bits on bottom of pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half and the onions are glazed, about 3 minutes
- 5. Add onions to Brussels sprouts, and toss well.
- 6. Garnish with fried bacon curls (optional)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mom2SJJ and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes