Orange-Balsamic Beets with Basil
The aroma of fresh orange fills the air as olive oil is infused with orange rind. The infused oil adds a touch of sweetness to the beets.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 178mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Calcium: 26mg
- 8 small beets (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.
- . Place oil and orange rind in a small nonstick skillet, and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until oil is fragrant. Remove from heat.
- . Trim off beet roots. Rub off skins, and cut each beet into 4 wedges. Combine beets, infused oil, basil, and remaining ingredients in a bowl, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note