- 3 egg yolks*
- 2 large eggs*
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen orange yeast rolls
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
How to Make It
Whisk together first 7 ingredients until blended.
Break apart orange rolls, and chop. Place in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Toss dried apricots with rolls in dish. Pour egg mixture over top; dot with butter. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 325°. Bake casserole 55 minutes to 1 hour or until set and golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*1 cup egg substitute may be substituted for egg yolks and whole eggs.