Orange and Chocolate Meltaways
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) (12 oz. pkg) white chips
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter (no substitute)
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping gream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Orange extract
- 2 package(s) (4 oz. each) Chocolate bar for coating melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) shortening (no substitutes) divided
- 1. line a tray with wax paper. Reserve 1 Tbs. white chips for decorating bon bons.
- 2. Combine butter and whipping cream in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat; immediately add remaining white chips. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Add orange extract; blend well.
- 3. Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 2 hours. Taking small amount of mixture at a time, shape into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared tray; refrigerate until firm. about 1 1/2 hours.
- PREPARE CHOCOLATE COATING
- 1. Melt chocolate bar and 1 tsp.shortening, stirring until smooth.
- MAKE BON BONS
- 1. Place one candy onto a fork; dip into chocolate coating until totally covered, allowing excess to drip off. Place candies onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining candies. Refrigerate until coating is set, about 1 hour.
- 2. place reserved 2 Tbs. white chips and 1/2 tsp. shortening in a small bowl and microwave until smooth. With fork, lightly drizzle over coated candies; refrigerate until set. Cover; store in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Catersha and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Orange and Chocolate Meltaways Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Candy