Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches With Cranberry Chutney
Prep: 12 minutes; Cook: 2 minutes. Try this light, tasty sandwich the day after Thanksgiving when you have leftovers but don't want a hefty sandwich that'll weigh you down. The Dijon mustard and cranberry chutney give it an extra zing you'll love, and the cheese gives you a boost of calcium.
More From Health
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- Calcium: 333mg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 12 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 4 slices 1/3-less-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons cranberry chutney or relish
- 1. Preheat broiler (with oven rack in middle position).
- 2. On each slice of bread, spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise and then spread 1 teaspoon of honey Dijon mustard.
- 3. Layer each slice with 1/4 of the baby spinach, 3 ounces of turkey, and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- 4. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Broil 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 5. Remove from heat; top each sandwich with a teaspoon of cranberry chutney or relish, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note