Nice change of pace sandwich for those nights you want something very quick but don't want the run of the mill sandwich. Great with low fat kettle chips.
Open-Faced Turkey Sandwich with Apple and Havarti
The flavors of fall meet in this sandwich. Tangy Havarti cheese provides a pleasing contrast to the sweet apples and spicy arugula. Substitute nutty fontina or mild Muenster for the Havarti, if you prefer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 427
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 44.2g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 4.8mg
- Sodium: 634mg
- Calcium: 141mg
- 4 (2-ounce) slices country or peasant bread
- 4 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup trimmed arugula
- 4 (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 2 Pink Lady or Cameo apples, each cored and cut crosswise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick)slices
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Havarti cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack in middle position.
- Spread each bread slice with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon mustard. Layer each slice with 1/4 cup arugula, 1 onion slice, 3 ounces turkey, 4 apple slices, and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet; broil 4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove from heat; sprinkle with pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note