Open-Faced Tuna and Fennel Sandwiches
Photo: Anna Williams
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 647mg
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 22g
- 3 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 large baguette
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, capers, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
In another bowl, combine the fennel, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil.
Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, then into quarters or sixths crosswise, and divide among individual plates. Serve the tuna and fennel salads over the bread.
Upgrade: Add flavor and richness to this savory sandwich by using Spanish or Italian light-meat tuna (packed in olive oil) instead of domestic tuna.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This