This is a simple healthy meal! It's so delicious on a hot summer day!!
Open-Faced Steak, Pear, and Gorgonzola Sandwiches
Sharp Gorgonzola cheese, sweet pears, and savory seared flank steak make a scrumptious combination. For added convenience in making this open-faced sandwich, purchase presliced onions and prewashed bagged salad greens.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 397
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 54.2g
- Fiber: 11.4g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 435mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings (about 1/2 onion)
- 2 small Bartlett pears
- 3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 6 cups prewashed gourmet salad greens
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 (2.8-ounce) Mediterranean-style white flatbread (such as Toufayan)
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 6 minutes. Turn steak; add onion to pan. Lightly coat onion with cooking spray. Cook steak an additional 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring onion frequently. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Cook onion for an additional 2 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Remove pan from heat.
- Core pears; cut into thin slices. Place pears in a large bowl. Drizzle pears with 2 tablespoons lemon juice; toss well to coat. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, vinegar, water, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add salad greens and cheese to pear mixture. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat.
- Cut steak diagonally into thin slices. Top each flatbread with about 7 slices (about 2 ounces) steak and about 1 1/3 cups salad mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note