The sauce was bland and tasteless. I even used good cheese and let the milk steep with the spices for a long time. I was very disappointed with this recipe.
Open-Faced Saucy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 49.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 1307mg
- Calcium: 388mg
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 cups yellow bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (2-ounce) slices bread, toasted
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare Cheese Sauce; keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in vinegar, sugar, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place the toast slices on a baking sheet. Top each toast slice with 3 ounces roast beef, 6 tablespoons Cheese Sauce, and 3/4 cup bell pepper mixture. Broil for 1 minute or until the sandwiches are thoroughly heated. Sprinkle the sandwiches with chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes