- 8 slices precooked hickory-smoked bacon (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4 (1-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread, toasted
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato, cut in half
- calories 331
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 15.6 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 5.7 g
- protein 24.9 g
- carbohydrate 21.4 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 505 mg
- calcium 31 mg
How to Make It
Microwave bacon slices according to package directions; set aside.
While bacon cooks, sprinkle fish with 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place fish, skin sides down, on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 10 to 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove skin from fish, and cut fish into chunks.
While fish cooks, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon dill mayonnaise on each French bread slice; top with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato halves, 2 slices bacon, and one-fourth of salmon chunks. Drizzle remaining dill mayonnaise evenly over each sandwich.
Serve with: Tomato and Cucumber Salad
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.